[T3] How much Money?? Early notch issues?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 18:23:57 PST 2010

One problem youll have is getting front grease seals to use after the new
bearings are installed, do NOT try and use the later rubber seals, I have
seen a couple of the early felt ones on the Samba lately however.

The early front bearings seem to get cocked in their races VERY easily and
damaged, they also seem to be very difficult to get their end play set
right... perhaps because of the shoes dragging but BE CAREFUL when putting
it togeater, and when its all set... put weight on the car, roll it around
and set the play again, Ive found them to need a couple tries at it.
Additionally, make sure that the shoes don't drag on the drums when there is
weight on the car, sometimes they can feel fine when the wheels are elevated
and when you let it down the play there is will shove the drum into the
lower shoe and cause it to drag.

Tricky setup.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations