[T3] test

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 09:37:33 PST 2010

This is probably what Im up against, anything on the shelf for a 1987 these
days has probably been there for a long time.  I think Jim mentioned that
when the seals hit air, the harden with dispair but when in the fluid they
remain soft (sorry, couldn't find a rhyme for fluid)

I think I may send the last master off to Jim to rebuild, I Kept it on the
shelf just in case.

Keith

When I first got my 69 FB, the brakes were bad. It still had the
original master cylinder. I had a NOS ATe one in stock, so I installed
it.  This was about first part of Oct.  When the first real cold weather
hit, the NOS master cylinder failed.
When I pulled it off, and took it apart, all the seals were hard as rocks.
Then I remembered a VW bulletin that I had seen.  Do not use brake
hydraulic  parts that are over 2 years old. I you must, install a new
soft parts in them.
I installed a kit in mine, and put it back on. It has been fine since.
Since that experience, I have not sold any of the NOS master cylinders,
or wheel cylinders that I have in stock.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe
russw at classicvw.org