[T3] New video update for 72 Fastback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 19:49:46 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/21/2010 8:21:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I guess  I'll use whatever our body instructor recommends. What dose
everybody here  recommends?

I prefer PPG's DP series epoxy primer. I used it exclusively on my 71
Notch, and I'm also using it on my T-34 (I'm doing it the same way). If you have
 to store it outdoors, it seals the metal, and won't allow rain/melted snow
to  get past it to the bare metal. Unfortunately, after 7 days it has to be
scuffed  and re-applied before any other body work can be applied over it.
This can be a  good thing though, if you're working on a long term project
(like my T-34), as  you can strip the old paint off, and seal an area off,
then move to another  area. Once everything is sealed in DP, then you (or your
body guy) can work an  area at a time. This is how I'm doing my T-34, and
I've already got most of the  inside portion back into paint (been working on
it off and on since May of  2010). The front end and rear trunk portion are
still in DP that I put on  over the summer, while the sides from the doors
back are currently in K-36 (high  build sandable primer). I hope this helps.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)