[T3] Flooding almost immediately after start.

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 17:07:18 PST 2010

The parts book gives M4 x 6mm long for the points screw.  Why change it to a
torx head screw though?  Is your present one chewed up?  You need to be a
bit careful with tightening these small screws, and I would worry that a
torx head one might be made from harder material than the original, which
could make it more likely to damage the threaded baseplate if
over-tightened.

It's the same thread size and length for the distributor with a slotted
screw in the baseplate as for the one that has the hex-head screw through
the side.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club