[T3] Now it floods before starting.

Russ W russw at classicvw.org
Tue Dec 28 15:50:53 PST 2010

On 12/28/2010 5:24 PM, Marklist wrote:
>> Have you disconnected the cold start valve??
>
> Do you mean the electrical connections or the fuel?
>
>> The one under the right side intake runners.
>
> I'm not sure where that is?

Item #67 in this illustration.  You will have to remove the air cleaner
to see it.

>> Sounds like your exhaust system is full of gas.
>
> I sort of assumed that.  I'm wondering how long I should wait to try
> again.
Wait an hour or so, if it is sitting out side.  If it is inside, be sure
the garage door is open for ventilation before starting, now that it is
flooded.
Once you get it started, change the oil, as it will be contaminated with
gas.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe