[T3] Rubber Flormat Preservation

Mark Fuhriman mfuhriman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 15:44:26 PST 2010

I have a set of nice rubber floormats in my '69 Fastback.  These are
the large mats that connect the left and right sides and go over the
center hump -- one mat for the front and one mat for the rear.  With
some splits and tears (caused largely by careless storage a few years
back) the mats have become pretty fragile.  I would like to keep using
these mats, but I want to reduce the rate of decay and keep them
intact.  A couple of months back I applied some PVC tape (pipe wrap)
to the backsides of the mats behind splits, but it does not stay stuck
very well.  Is there a vulcanizing tape that would work here?

Mark
'69 Fastback