[T3] How much Money?? Early notch issues?

William McInerney billymac53 at msn.com
Fri Dec 10 12:06:21 PST 2010

So, my 62 notch went to the mechanic the other day to get a tune up. That was tuesday. Today I call him and ask him how things are going as I asked him to check over the car while it was in there. I am no mechanic, but am able to dable here and there. Therefore, this is the first time it has been "looked" at since I purchased it in August. It was always running rich and had some play in the steering as well as pulled hard left when I hit the brakes somewhat with force.

He states he did the full tune up...condesor, points, cap, plugs. Which I knew it needed along with a carb adjustment as it was running very rich with the smell of fuel. Thats what I was expecting...However...

Then mentioned the additional issues....

1. Single Carb needs rebuild kit
2. Leaking fuel pump
3. Tie Rods are shot
4. Way too much play in the steering wheel (tie rods only hopefully??)
5. Front Drum Brake Pads (said he can get...really??)
6. Front wheel bearing was shattered

How much time in labor and cost in parts do you guys think I am looking at??
He was confident that he could get the parts, it might take a little bit.