[T3] Voltage Regulator

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 11:10:42 PST 2010

I put Halogens in mine about 15 years ago, they fit right in and actually
draw considerably less current.  I also re-wired the headlamp circuit to
keep the low beams ON when I went to high beams... giving me much better
night vision, this does not seem to be a problem for the bulbs or the wiring
with the Halogen bulbs but with the stock tungsten bulbs it was pushing the
limit on the fusebox.

Keith

The Halogen headlights available today are quite good and are a lot better
than
the headlights our cars came with, and they do that while drawing no more
current. There may be some other options that I'm not aware of that also
draw
no more current. It probably won't be too long before we can buy LED
headlights
that put out more light for even LESS current. It will be awhile before they

become affordable, however.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org