[T3] fresh air fan switch

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Nov 15 14:34:14 PST 2010

On 15 Nov 2010 at 9:14, Bob Rogers wrote:

> I have replaced the fresh air fan switch on my '73 Squareback and
> checked for voltage at the switch.  All seems to be fine.  The motor
> does not operate.  The Bentley indicates there is an in-line fuse.  I
> can't fine it.  What's my best course of action--remove the motor?

I'm away from home, so I don't have my Bentley here, but I don't
remember an inline fuse. If all the fuses in the regular fuse box are
okay, then I THINK it's most likely that there's a problem with the
motor. Especially if you have voltage coming out of the switch, I'm
pretty sure that's after any fuse.

The '73 motor is particularly troublesome, so I would suggest simply
replacing it with a '71 or '72. Don't try to replace just the motor;
replace the whole motor and housing as a unit and save yourself a LOT
of trouble.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org