[T3] Directionals Question

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 13:12:47 PST 2010

In a message dated 11/18/2010 2:56:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
csheridan at virtual-consulting.net writes:

Hi,
After I turn a corner my blinkers do not return. This has been a  problem
for
10 years. What exact component do I need to replace to get the  directionals
to cancel?

Chris, you didn't mention what year you have, as the 71 unit is all by it
self. the 68 to 70s are the same, as are the 72 and later units. I had a
similar  problem on my 71, and found that the unit had come apart, and mainly
just needed  to be put back together. It has a few small easily lost parts
inside the unit,  so you might have to get another unit for the parts. My 65
doesn't cancel when  turning right, but it does when turning left. It too is
a 71 unit, so I'll  have to hunt the parts up to fix it one of these days.
Of course, that's what I  told myself  9 years ago too. My wife's Fastback
has been like you  described for over the 20+ years we've had it. As long as
they work, it doesn't  bother us too much.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)