[T3] washers

Bob Rogers rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Thu Nov 18 15:19:53 PST 2010

  If it is only spraying throught the nozzel on the cowling, you probably need a new washer switch.  However, if it is spraying inside the cab a hose may need to be replaced.  Here is how to check the hoses: There are two hoses attached to the wiper switch.  One feeds water too the switch and the other hose leads to the nozzle on the cowling.  If the supply hose is busted, water will run out below the steering column.  If the other hose is busted, water will also run out below the steering column when the washer switch is activated.  To check the condition of the hoses, remove the horn cover (pull off and then detach the horn wire), steering wheel (one center nut and washer), remove the plastic cover at the base of the steering column (two screws); unplug the two wire connectors at the base of the steering column, remove the small four screws holding the turn signal switch in-place.  Be careful not to misplace the screws and four small metal spacers.  Pull the turn signal assembly along with the washer switch straight up to expose the hose connections.  Sounds a bit complicated, but it is relatively easy.  If the hose is busted at the switch, replace the entire hose, don’t attempt to reattach it.  After repair you can check the operation before putting everything back in place.