[T3] Voltage

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 03:03:49 PST 2010

Modern batteries are much better at keeping their charge.  I had not started
or charged my Type 3 for several months, maybe as many as 6 (shame on me!),
but there was still enough in the 5 year old battery to turn the engine over
and over to fill the carbs and still start it.

My son went back-packing round the world, and his modern VW was left parked
in grandma's garage, and started easily after 6 months without any charging,
and that needs a higher starting current than our old low-compression
engines.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club