[T3] Electrical Disaster for Newbie...Help

William McInerney billymac53 at msn.com
Fri Oct 29 22:07:19 PDT 2010

Hello to all again,

I didn't mean to include this in my seat removal post.

Continuing DE inspection woes...

I still having some electrical issues with my 62 Notch and would LOVE to remove my seats to have a comfortable position while I try to organize wires at the fuse box, resplice some old connections, figure out this 12 Panel fuse box (12V convert) and try to find out how I am supposed to hook this wiper motor up, as it wasn't connected to my pushbutton switch orignally (unsure of it's functionality as Notch came with late model switch for headlights under dash) and so I assumed the wiper motor was burnt. It turns out the wiper motor that came with my Notch...DOES WORK, I jumper wired it directly to my 84 Rabbit battery and it spun. I know the wiper motor is a 6V casing at the very least (who knows if it has a 12V amature) and am willing to hook it up to my 12V system just to swipe 1 or 2 times to pass DE inspection....then worry about getting a 12V motor later.

So my options are.....being low on cash...

Connect orignal push putton wiper switch to wiper motor as I would really like that...
I have checked continuity on the wiper side of the push button switch and everything is good( didn't mess with the Headlight side), where does the power come from...the fuse box terminal #7? I show that #7 is completely unused top and bottom. I am assuming the black lead from the switch goes to the bottom and a lead from the top goes directly to the coil, according to a Non-USA 1967 diagram utilizing the 12 Panel Fuse Box?

Or, just hook it up to a toggle switch to get the motor to spin to swipe and pass inspection so I can legally drive this awesome Notch?
So...how would I accomplish this?
Where would I get power to the motor and what wires would I choose to hook up to the toggle switch just to simply spin the motor?

Thanks again,

Bill McInerney Jr