[T3] RPM's "Pop" starting

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 16:34:15 PDT 2011

That's not so, as for a certain wheel rpm, the engine runs slower in higher
gear.  As you change up, the engine rpm goes down.

Coincidentally I have just been reading through the file of booklets that
came with a 2009-model Golf Tdi Hatchback we've just bought, and it says for
tow starting, to use 2nd or 3rd gear.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club