[T3] T-4

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 17:38:57 PST 2011

In a message dated 12/9/2011 8:02:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
misterstiles at gmail.com writes:

I'm just  now getting into the T3 world ('70 Squareback waiting on my
storage slab)  and I am really looking forward to a different air-cooled
experience. The  motor's machining is done and is waiting for assembly.
1776, fully balanced  from the pressure plate to the fan with stock FI
(except the fuel pressure  slightly increased).

You might want to visit the t-3 forum on the Samba. Worein (Warren) has a
fresh 1776 with D-jet FI using as many stock FI parts as possible in his 70
Notch. He located in Germany now (just moved from Italy, and is in the Air
Force). He has a thread there, where it was suggested that he actually step
UP  to the green D-jet injectors, for better fuel control, as the stock
injectors  are right at the limit with a 1641. He did so, and found that he had
to drop the  fuel pressure back down to 28 psi, as the larger injectors
filled the  fuel need. Keep in mind that the plenum and runners are just barely
sized  to accommodate the larger displacement of the 1776 (it's right on
the  edge).  I believe the calculated numbers are just above it, but not quite
 up to 1800cc's. It might be worth a little of your time there, doing a
little  research.

I believe Max Welton (he's on here too), also has a 1776 engine, but he's
using MegaSquirt with the stock t-3 plenum set up. However, he's up in your
area  (Colorado), and might be able to offer some advice.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)