[T3] type 4 2000cc oil pressure and overheating problem

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 9 17:39:48 PST 2011

Welcome to the world of the T4!
Even the slightest of problems will cause them to overheat, you have to
start by getting and AFR meter on it so you know where your mixture is.

A 2056 in my T3 gave similar results, IF it try it again I need to
re-install the sump baffle to prevent frothing of the oil, which caused me
the low oil pressure on the highway, and I need to install an oil cooler as
the T3 intake doesn’t pressurize the air intake and it doesn’t get enough
air for cooling.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com