[T3] Intake Gasket Material

Dave dmoller9 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 28 22:43:49 PST 2011

Happy Holidays All!

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 69 fastback FI and was able to get it started for the first time in a dozen years.  YEA!

But it was running really rich.  Found some good vacuum leaks at the intake runner/head area.  There doesn't seem to be intake gaskets around for the FI engines anymore. I know I have to use the hard spacers but what do I use as a gasket material between the spacer and the head/runner?  RTV doesn't seem like a good idea with that area being sprayed with gas.  What does everyone else use?

Thx
Dave Moller