[T3] Generator and Fuel Line Questions

Chris Sheridan csheridan at virtual-consulting.net
Wed Dec 28 11:52:15 PST 2011

Hi,
I have a couple random questions. My car is a 1970 Fastback Automatic.

1) Does anyone have a good method of tightening the Generator Pulley Nut?
Unlike the type 2 and type 1 pulley, there is no notch to place a
screwdriver to prevent the inner half of the pulley from turning as you try
to tighten the nut down.

2) Does anyone have a good method for tightening the fuel return line where
it attaches above the transmission on the right side of the motor ? Mine
began leaking and I mistook it for transmission fluid and changed the pan
and gasket, only to find that it was the fuel line. Replaced that but can
only get the screw on the hose clamp so tight due to clearance issues.
Doesn't leak until I start the car and then the line pressure makes it
bleed all over the driveway.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Chris