[T3] throttle cable

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 16 12:49:28 PST 2011

On 16 Feb 2011 at 13:18, Ted Nehring wrote:

> Am I correct in assuming that replacing the throttle cable is just a matter
> of pulling the old one out from the passenger compartment and feeding the
> new one back through the tube ?

It usually is that simple, but be warned that there is a flexible Bowden
housing where the cable passes by the tranny. That housing may fall out when
you remove the old cable.

The front end of that housing has a sleeve that fits over the hard tube that
exits the pan, while the rear end of that housing fits in a socket in the front
engine tin. It's important that both ends be slipped in there correctly.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA