[T3] stock cam advice

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Feb 22 20:23:20 PST 2011

On 22 Feb 2011 at 22:05, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Dave, the -2 is actually for the cam gear, not the cam itself. Since yours
> is a 4 rivit cam, you'd need to find another, then do as someone else
> suggested  (drilling out the rivets, so you can reuse it).

Bob's right, but what happens in use is that the gears wear smaller
over time. In the beginning, I could sort thru my cams and find one
that was a perfect fit, but eventually I found that I had used up all
my larger gears, leaving me with only ones that were slightly small.
Presumably smaller than they were when new.

Slightly small has not turned out to be a problem. but slightly large
certainly IS.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org