[T3] Fuel Delivery

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 23 17:54:33 PST 2011

On 23 Feb 2011 at 15:57, Keith Park wrote:

> Unfortunately, diesel fuel has a different viscosity, so the results wont be
> the same as gasoline.

Yes, that's a good point, but it's still pretty much a constant
displacment pump, meaning that it will just draw more power to pump
the same volume. It will probably slow down some, too. In the end,
however, if there is any difference at all, the flow with gasoline
will be HIGHER.

BTW, since I own a diesel now, I've been surprised at how non-viscous
#1 diesel fuel is. I had expected something fairly thick, but it's
really not that much different from gasoline.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org