[T3] Old Type IIIs (cooling)

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 20:13:43 PST 2011

Jake didn't say that, but there are folks with Notches and 2056's that ran
cool, there are no Square or fasty folks with T4 2056's that ran cool, or
were gauged to know.

Keith

I think Jake is full of it, IF he thinks that a T-4 engine would cool
better in a Notch. I only say that, because a Notch has the smallest intake

openings, with the longest runner sections of the air boxes. I know, because

I've had my 71 apart, and have seen how much ductwork there really is. Also,

I  have an old VolksWorld mag around here where the owner of a Notch had a
2332 in  it, and had trouble with it always running hot. He ended up putting

a 1600 in  it's place and didn't have any trouble afterward. I think on a
Notch, the  cooling slot area is what's the real limit to engine size and
cooling. I know  Brian did well with his large engine, but his carb set up
might
have helped. Or  the other guys engine builder tried to run too much
compression.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)