[T3] stock cam advice

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 23 20:28:03 PST 2011

On 23 Feb 2011 at 22:13, David wrote:

> I usually over think things...so here goes another question;

;-)

> If my original -2 camshaft was still a correct fit for this block....but I
> came across a NOS stock grind COFAP cam (that was not a -2 gear) to use
> instead of my original cam with 140K on it....would my original -2 gear fit
> perfectly on a COFAP cam?

If it was a 4 bolt cam, probably.

I set out to try this once, but got only as far as drilling out the
rivets. Then I started to worry about bolts coming loose later on and
decided to give it up in favor of one less thing going terribly
wrong.

I probably still have that cam and gear lying around here somewhere.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org