[T3] Old Type IIIs

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 24 20:29:11 PST 2011

On 24 Feb 2011 at 11:21, Dave Hall wrote:

> Most of the side-draft carbed Type 3s were 1500cc, though later ones sold
> into poorer markets were on 1600 engines.

I had to go back and double check this, but all the K & M engines
were 1500 cc, even up thru '73. Does anyone on this list have one of
those post-65 single carb engines? '65 was the last year that all
Type 3 engines were 1500s. From '66-on all the other engines were
1600s.

Seems odd that VW didn't just switch all of them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org