[T3] Old Type IIIs

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Feb 25 07:02:24 PST 2011

On 25 Feb 2011 at 13:37, Dave Hall wrote:

> I'm sure DIN doesn't include the drive-train, but it's lower than SAE as
> it's measured in an 'as-installed' state, with mufflers, and engine
> ancillary items (dynamo, fan).  ISTR there's about 4hp for the fan alone.
> See eg
> http://ateupwithmotor.com/automotive-terms/164-din-horsepower.html .

That's the first time I've ever seen mention of 2 different sizes of horsepower
(746 &736 watts) but when I checked my handbook, I find 5 different
"horsepowers." Two of them are completely different, but the other 3 are
735.499, 745.700, and 746.000 watts.

I had no idea it could be this screwed up....

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA