[T3] Mission Impossible of 72 Fastback

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Feb 26 08:04:43 PST 2011

On 2/25/2011 9:28 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> I have one question: At about 2:20 into your video, you're showing a
> plastic piece that protected the wiring harness under the dash. I
> have 2-3 of these that I've pulled out of various cars, and they
> seemed to come in various colors over time but all with the same part
> number. I've only seen them in the later years, maybe only '72-3.
> Here's my question: Exactly where does it go?
>
> I've never been able to figure out exactly where they should fit.
> It's gotta be somewhere up inside the far left, but I've never found
> the orientation that seemed a perfect fit. All the ones I've come
> across had fallen out of position and clearly weren't where they were
> supposed to be.

It fell out while my student was removing the harness under the dash
right beside the fuel gauge and above where the fuse box is suppose to
be. I had my back turned when it fell out and he alerted me of it.  Jim
if you would like I can take some good photos of it and post them if you
would like a better look. I'd like a little more info on it as well.

Dennis