[T3] Mission Impossible of 72 Fastback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 11:45:39 PST 2011

In a message dated 2/26/2011 12:28:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

Excuse  my ignorance on this topic, but do Type 3's in California have to
have this  equipment in place to pass their inspection?  Even though it
doesn't  work?

- Bryon, '71 Fastback

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM,  Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Yes it is, and  long expired..  Keep it just in case they go California on
> you  someday and you need to have all this stuff in place, even if it
>  doesn't
> work anymore.
>
> Keith
>
>  >
> Well I was planing on removing it before the paint goes on but  sounds
> like I don't need to put it back on. This is the charcoal  canister for
> the EVAP system isn't it?

I don't think so, but parts of Arizona do require it, and anything else
back to 1960. :O There was a discussion of that over on the Samba in the
general  chat section some time back. I think current Cali law is for 76 and on.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)