[T3] "cig lighter hole"

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 05:24:35 PST 2011

I'm sure Russ appreciates it but 650Watts on a 12V battery works out at 50
Amps, and it doesn't pay to take too many ampere hours out of a starting
battery, but 10 minutes of impact drilling is usually plenty!

This would work well on a leisure battery where deep cycling doesn't harm
it, and you could keep at it for an hour or two.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
===================

snipped

USB is only 5V.  The ports that they have in the modern cars, are regulated
down to the 5V.
The adapters that plug into the power outlets have the regulators built into
them.
I also have an inverter that plugs into the power outlet.  75W capability.
Good for laptops, etc.
Then I carry a 650W one that  has battery cable clamps.  It will run my 120V
electric impact.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe