[T3] original cam mesh inspection

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 20:26:36 PST 2011

In a message dated 2/26/2011 10:38:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rdavid at rochester.rr.com writes:

My cams  gear is a -2, and I wish I had a -3 cam here to see the difference,
but I'm  thinking a -3 cam might even be a better scenario than what  I'm
seeing.
My other thought is that even if I was lucky enough to find  a NOS "zero"
geared cam; it would be too tight to run.

Are my  thoughts about this test correct?

I think you've got this backwards Dave. The -3 gear would be even larger
than the -2 gear that you have. I think you'll be alright, even with what
you're  seeing. The purpose of using the - gears like that was 2 fold. One was
to get  the internal engine noise down (make it quieter), and 2 was to make
up for any  machining differences.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)