[T3] push-rod length...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 04:27:14 PST 2011

The ones in Dave's picture all appear to be much the same length from centre
of the eye to the tip.

It's odd that some folk have found quite large differences in the lengths.
It seems surprising that bulkhead positions can be so far different from one
to another,  but the only other conclusion is that quite a number have been
adjusted.  I suppose as it was how the pedal free-play used to be re-set
after disturbing the pedal cluster, improperly-trained mechanics would have
continued to do it that way, rather than use the pedal stop bracket,
particularly if a service manual got it wrong!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.
www.vwtype3and4club.org.uk

--------