[T3] MPS calibration

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 16:51:30 PST 2011

Your right Russ, and I remember you telling me about that and kept that in
mind as I was tuning the 2056, there were certain key points, that he got
wrong and I was surprised that what points he did.  I had the 73 E based
system on the 71 for 10 years, and found it a much more refined version,
smoother, with many of the kinks worked out but I switched back as the 71
system got better gas mileage AND... there was that certain incident on a
certain hill in a certain state where a certain AUTOMATIC that was nearly
perfectly matched in speed

;-)

When my pressure sensor went bad Id spike to 45-50psi when I first started
it, it made for real hard starting but it WOULD start and run pretty well
that way as the pressure slowly fell.

Now WHY do YOU run your cars at 35PSI??

Keith

Keith.  You have to remember, that Ray has never really worked with Type
3's.  He is a Type 4/914 person.
Yes, T-4 had the full load enrichment in their MPS, for 72-73.  T-3 did
not.  T-4 did not use the 5th pin in the throttle switch, but T-3 did
not.  Ray keeps getting T-3 FI stuff confused, as he has never really
worked on them.
I keep pointing out those differences to him, but he ignores me.  That
is why I take a lot of other stuff he says with a grain of salt.  Like
he says the injectors will not stand over 35 psi, and yet, I run both of
my cars at 35 psi.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe