[T3] Body Man (was "Need a great body man in western LA/VenturaCounty)

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 07:36:36 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/7/2011 9:38:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
teddo626 at dishmail.net writes:

I know  that our local auto paint supply used to sell a paint for vinyl
tops
and  upholstery that could be mixed to match. Don't know if there is
anything
like that still available but " flaps " carries basic colors in a spray
white-black-etc.

The brand name for it is SEM. It's a vinyl paint. I've used it with good
success on door panels, and other interior items, but it's also a flat or
matte  paint. For best results with it, you have to prep the vinyl, by washing
with  soap and water first, followed by using MEK. For beading, you'd want
some shine  on it, so I don't think it would work well for it, but it could
be done. Most  good paint supplies could custom mix the color you want
though.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)