[T3] Write-up Request

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jan 14 20:13:40 PST 2011

On 14 Jan 2011 at 11:15, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> The pump is only two or so years old.  I.I.R.C., it is for a V.W. Van,
> and is not a rebuilt unit.  Do not smell any gasoline around, so doubt
> there is leaks,, but guess I could look around.

The normal D-Jet pump has a check valve built into the pump, to keep
gas from flowing backwards into the tank after the pump is shut off.
The usual failure "leak" is backwards thru this check valve, so no
external leak would be evident.

I don't know if the pump you have even HAS a check valve, so the
decrease in pressure you see may be perfectly normal for it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org