[T3] Tire failure?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 16:36:31 PST 2011

The Problemm with water in the compressed air lines in the winter is that it
freezes, and if your using an antique compressor with blowoff valves that
are not in the right places your compressor housing can explode.

TRUST ME  :-0

I never use my compressor when its been below freezing.

Keith

Water in your compressed air is always a problem, moreso in hot humid
weather
than in the middle of winter when the absolute humidity is very low. The air

tanks that follow the compressor always have drain valves, but they are
often
forgotten. That may be why water came out the hose, or it may be that the
water
just condensed there. The latter is common if the hose is outside where it's

colder than inside.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org