[T3] Ignition switch key code

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 17:10:53 PST 2011

Yes, it's on the barrel.  Remove the steering wheel, and the ignition barrel
cover.  Push in on the spring ring (there's a 1/8" hole to push a blunt nail
or something in, and the barrel should release with some twisting - you may
need another key to help get a grip on the barrel, but I've done it without
a key avaiable.  It's detailed in the Bentley manual.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.