[T3] Battery Issues

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 25 16:41:41 PST 2011

My Golf's battery just turned 10, and started it at -15 the other morning.
One thing to be careful of is your starter bushing, I just replace a battery
in the crate that didn't need it because of that.  With the bad bushing the
starter can drag the battery down pretty low, although Id imagine more like
8 or 9 volts rather than 3.  Unless your jumper cables have REALLY good
connections (better than the average clips) they will not be able to deliver
the current that a stalled starter can need and will be essentially useless.

You may want to look over that bushing pretty carefully before you buy
another battery, even the cheap ones should last 2-3 years.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"