[T3] water in car

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 19:04:14 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/25/2011 9:09:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vw_addiction at sbcglobal.net writes:

Hello  All
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Durring  last months rains, I found that there was a lot of water in the
front of
my car.
I think it was coming from the vents.
The water was filling  the carpets with an inch of water
Has anyone changed the seals on the  vents under the dash?

This is a job that will require a lot of work, and at least a weekend. The
seals are available from ISP West.
I only say that (a weekend job), because you're going to have to pull the
wiper motor out just to access the left box, and with it out, it makes it
easier  to get the right box out as well. Unhook the battery first, so you
don't loose a  finger. You'll have to pull the glove box too, as you'll need
the room on the  right side. I think the gauges can stay on the left though,
if not they'll have  to get pulled, along with the radio (if equipped). The
boxes themselves are held  in place with 10mm headed 6mm screws (4 per box).
You might want to remove the  seats to make laying on your back easier, and
definitely wear some sort of  safety glasses, as crap just seems to fall
from up underneath there.

Note; IF you still have a leak after replacing those seals, then the water
is coming in thru the windshield seal, and draining down the 2 small
factory  paint drip holes onto your floor. I hope this helps.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)