[T3] Mysterious squareback condition.... need suggestions.

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 05:42:23 PST 2011

Check both carbs have the choke heater wires connected firmly - they can
fray with engine vibrations over time - and operate correctly.  If one is
fully closed and the other opening properly, you will get very uneven
running.  (Assumes you still have the autochokes functioning, not disabled
and set permanently open).

Another twin carb problem is if one of the balance pipe connections is loose
and causing an air leak.  That will cause a similar fault.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club