[T3] Pneumatic screen washer Helphos Valve

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 15:19:47 PST 2011

That's all there, on both spigot connections, but the centre component with
the spigot has a flat head within the threaded cap and a spike to depress
the tyre valve core.  The flat head has to seal against the inside face of
the cap or air can get past direct to the atmosphere without having to go
through the tube to the Helphos valve.  I've not tried splitting that unit,
but somewhere I have another that the brass thread insert isn't well sealed
to which may release the inner spigot part and show if there is a sealing
ring or something that might fail in time.

 |____
=|____   Inner part with spigot and tyre core depressor

_____

         Outer cap threaded internally to fit tyre valve
_____|

That's the best I can do for ASCII art!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club