[T3] R. H. outside Mirrors

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 17:11:23 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/29/2011 7:09:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fisherfarms at gmail.com writes:

My 69  passenger door just has the hole and a triangular nut plate
loose inside  the A pillar  You have to hook the nut plate with a
dental tool to  position it AND have Wifey to press it tight while you
screw on the  mirror!

My 69 Square had that set up. Mid America sells that nut and they sell
mirrors too. Personally, I'd rather use the Karmann Ghia  set up, as it's a
bracket that uses 2 sheet metal screws to attach it to the door, with a nice
stainless steel cover. The mirror then screws into this bracket. I had 1
here  that I was going to use on my 65 Notch, but I sold it to my KG owning
buddy, as  he couldn't see crap behind him in his vert. :O It all mounts on the
outside of  the door, so you don't need to remove the inner door panel to
access it, or have  small hands to hold it in place while the mirror gets
screwed into that 3 legged  nut (I hated that thing on my 69).

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)