[T3] Pneumatic screen washer Helphos Valve

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 29 22:38:02 PST 2011

On 29 Jan 2011 at 23:19, Dave Hall wrote:

> the centre component with the spigot has a flat head within the
> threaded cap and a spike to depress the tyre valve core.  The flat head
> has to seal against the inside face of the cap or air can get past
> direct to the atmosphere without having to go through the tube to the
> Helphos valve.

I'm thinking that the flat head has to seal against the face of the
valve stem, making the cap irrelevant to the seal. If the end of the
valve stem was rough, or if the sealing face of the flat head was
torn up, then this seal wouldn't work.

Your artwork didn't work here (variable pitch font, I guess.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org