[T3] Factory and Optional Accessorie

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jan 30 14:22:40 PST 2011

On 30 Jan 2011 at 16:08, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> *I went back and looked at my original Bill of Sale (September 8, 1969) for
> my '69 VW Type 3, (Variant) Squareback.  The base price included:
>
>    - *the 3611 car*
>    - *Leatherette*
>    - *Freight and*
>    - *Dealer Prep*

Those were all standard VWoA features.

> *The options were few.
>
>    - *Underseal*
>    - *Lighter*
>    - *Front Floor mat*
>    - *Rear Deck mat*
>    - *Shift Knob (Walnut)*
>
> *Grand total including Sales Tax & License filing .... $2,765.20. I later
> added a radio ... AM, no less.

And those were all dealer installed accessories,. although I'm not
familiar with an optional rear deck mat.

For '69, I think the only factory options available in the US, other
than color, were: AT, sunroof, whitewall tires and (possibly) radial
tires. Anything else was usually made in USA and dealer installed.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org