[T3] Newbie with dumb questions.

Tom Hottinger tdhotti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:49:16 PST 2011

Hey guys.  Part of my decision to drag one out of the weeds was for an mpg
improvement over the Jeep.  Between Nov 06 and Feb 08 Hot VWs did a 16 part
article on "The Mileage Master" motor build in their effort to break 40 mpg
barrier in a Beetle.  Besides keeping people subscribing and buying the mag
for all those months there was some real good info.  You can access all 16
parts on CB Performance's website (Hot VWs featured one of their EFI systems
as part of their attempt).  Here is the link
http://www.cbperformance.com/articles.asp with all 16 articles.

As for liters vs gallons or the rest of the metric system for that matter.
I'm a firm believer that if God had intended for us to use the metric system
there would have only been 10 disciples.

Update on my fasty.  Over the weekend my daughter and I got out into the old
iron and I have suffered a little vandalism.  One had the rear window
removed and the target for the project no longer has a perfect body.  The
front hood (bonnet) looks like somebody jumped in the middle of it.  Dang
the bad luck (grin, grin) now I guess I'll have to do some mods and won't
feel bad about working on a almost perfect body.

We have a huge snow storm headed this way.  Was hoping to have it in the
garage before the weather hit so I would have something to do while we were
snowed in.

Tom Hott