[T3] Newby Old Guy in Orange County CA with '73 Squareback

Robert Bills rdbills at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 11:04:26 PST 2011

>> there will be times that I will need to be at work rather than home
>> wrenching.  For those times, I need a referral to a good local
> >mechanic who understands these fuel injected motors and takes pride
in
> >his/her work.

>Certainly, if anyone knows of a GOOD place to recommend in Robert's
>area (LA, was it?) please speak up.

Orange County CA, specifically Santa Ana.

>. . . buying tools will cost  less than paying someone else to do the
job.

True.  I'm making a list.  Since my hobby cars during the past 15 years
have been Jeeps (SAE), the drawers in my toolbox for metrics are rather
thin,
but nothing a bag of money and a trip to Sears can't fix.  ;)

>At this point in time, I'm afraid these are hobbiest cars.

Same as vintage jeeps.

>. . . I've done all my own work . . . for 40 years. The good part is
that
>having done that, my cars are reliable, take very little maintence,
>and cost almost nothing to keep on the road.

Although I don't have your knowledge, skill and experience, I'm crossing
my fingers that I, too, can keep my Squareback on the road without
breaking
the bank.

Bob