[T3] R H Outside mirror

Tim Keohane rheorojo at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 29 22:08:28 PST 2011

My 69  passenger door just has the hole and a triangular nut plate
loose inside  the A pillar  You have to hook the nut plate with a
dental tool to  position it AND have Wifey to press it tight while you
screw on the  mirror!

I had the same issue a few years back. My "fix" was to remove the door
panel and retrieve the nut/backing plate from inside. I then wire
brushed the plate and the inside of the door where they mate. It was a
pain!! From there I used J B weld to fasten the two together. While I
held the backing plate/nut inside. I secured the mirror base into the
nut/base and snugged it tight. Prior to insertion of the mirror base I
liberally coated the threads with grease as a release compound. The
fix has so far proven to be secure.
Good Luck
Tim