[T3] Need a great body man in western LA/Ventura County

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Tue Jan 4 20:16:20 PST 2011

Some motherfucker bashed my left rear fender and split the scene.  It pushed
the very rear/low spot of the fender into the inner fender, tearing off the
drain door and shoving the muffler a bit.  The engine starts but makes a
funny new (not exhaust-y) noise, more like a hum or whirring that is rpm
related.  I'll take photos in the morning but I want an EXPERIENCED Type 3
body guy who knows how important to rust prevention that inner/outer fender
seal is.

This is my dad's old car, single-owner (well, him and me now), and there
isn't a SPOT of rust anywhere so this must be done in BerT3-like manner.

Anyone got an expert they can recommend for the bodywork?  I'll check out
the engine on my own.

I really want to find a T3 expert and this list and the Samba T3 forum are
the places for that!

Felony hit and run since this will run more than $500.  The police will be
notified (though they don't usually get involved in this property stuff).