[T3] Write-up Request

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:15:56 PST 2011

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:58:12 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] Write-up Request
>
> On 13 Jan 2011 at 20:41, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > I am a bit surprised you think the fuel pressure drop is fine.
>
> The pressure drop is not good, but the only thing it would effect is
> starting. It might indicate that your pump is going to fail soon, or
> it may indicate a leak somewhere. A pushbutton to run the pump before
> trying to start would cure any starting problem.

The pump is only two or so years old.  I.I.R.C., it is for a V.W. Van,
and is not a rebuilt unit.  Do not smell any gasoline around, so doubt
there is leaks,, but guess I could look around.

I figured out how to make the pump run, by shorting the two wires
together with a screwdriver.  Does not really seem to help starting, as
it takes several cranks to get it started, and then runs odd a second,
then is fine.  Only thing I changed was the fuel pressure gauge, think-
ing it was holding pressure.  I did check the injectors, and they are
not leaking, and the hard starting was the same with the other
injectors.  Figure run though the tests, and be sure it is not some-
thing I have missed. ;)

Thank you so very much!
Adriel