[T3] Write-up Request

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 13:40:18 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/14/2011 2:16:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

I  figured out how to make the pump run, by shorting the two wires
together  with a screwdriver.  Does not really seem to help starting, as
it  takes several cranks to get it started, and then runs odd a second,
then is  fine.  Only thing I changed was the fuel pressure gauge, think-
ing it  was holding pressure.  I did check the injectors, and they are
not  leaking, and the hard starting was the same with the other
injectors.  Figure run though the tests, and be sure it is not  some-
thing I have missed. ;)

This sounds like low fuel pressure to me. The "VW van" pump might not be
putting out enough volume.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)