[T3] RE; Generator related questions

Paul P paul.ie at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 02:51:50 PST 2011

> Welcome to the list, Paul. We've emailed each other, but I don't
> think you've posted here before.

Thanks Jim; I actually posted quietly on 6 Oct;  re my stuck thermostat mechanism- thats not cured yet, but I hope to return to it soon.

> The number I show for the brushes is 1 107 014 146 (or 11 004.) I've
> kept one set of these still sealed in the original bag so I can check
> this exact detail. The notch on these slopes AWAY from the pigtail
> (high side toward the pigtail.) If you have the other version, you
> can easily slope it the opposite way with a square file or a pocket
> knife; the carbon is very soft.

Youre right- I mistyped it-  thats the correct replacement number of the original, ref.-

http://www.automotive-tradition.de/en/wissen/recherche.htm

 and this seems to be discontinued by Bosch just last year ?!;  http://ecat-online.bosch.de/toc/en .
The brush notch slopes you described are the same as mine- so I were they ever opposite sloping ones for type3s etc - having said there is a reference in this US catalogue to these  http://www.wagneralt.com/catalog/books/W2008-27.pdf

Anyhow, if replacing the belt and brushes doesn't help, I be back to this..

Thanks

Paul