[T3] fuel tank leak

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 3 06:21:50 PDT 2011

On 30 Jun 2011 at 18:36, Dave Hall wrote:

> 311 201 235 for the 6mm pipe (up to '67 models) and 235A for the 8mm pipe
> from '68 models.

I've used ordinary nylon washers from a hardware store to replace the
special alum sealing washer under the screw you remove on the fuel
ring to connect a pressure gauge. I wasn't sure if that was going to
be a good fix, but I've had them last for decades.

If you could find something the right size for your fuel tank
connection, nylon should last even longer there, where it's cool.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org